Reach sports fans on the move with the BBC Sport App and responsive mobile site
BBC Advertising offers brands the opportunity to get your message across to the BBC's highly engaged sports fans around the world via their desktop, tablet or mobile device.
BBC Sport responsive mobile site
In December 2012, the mobile version of bbc.com/sport was replaced with a new-look version incorporating responsive design so that the user experience is the same across our digital platforms. The responsive mobile site provides sports fans on the move with:
- An international sports homepage and an international football index with content specifically for international audiences;
- A focus on football, including live text commentaries, live scores, team pages, as well as a dedicated page per match with minute-by-minute updates and stats, story pages, daily football gossip and stats such as results, fixtures and tables;
- Indexes for the following six top sports: cricket, golf, F1, tennis, rugby league and rugby union;
- An improved sport homepage showcasing breaking news, top stories and promoting sporting events that are coming up or in progress; and
- New navigation making it easier for users to move around the site.
Advertising and sponsorship opportunities: 300x50 banner at the top and bottom of the screen with rich media and third-party tracking.
BBC Sport App
The BBC Sport App launched on iPhone in February 2013 and on Android in May 2013.
- The free-to-download sport app offers much of the same content that can be found on the mobile site.
- Includes coverage of the top sports: football, cricket, F1, tennis, rugby and golf.
- There is a focus on football with live text, team pages, live scores, fixtures and results.
- Users can customise the navigation within the app by re-ordering and editing their favourite sports.
- Future releases of the app will provide video content and allow users to personalise their favourite football team.
Advertising and sponsorship opportunities: 320x50 banner as on the BBC News App with rich media, using the new Admob SDK. There is also a sponsorship opportunity on the app's splash screen.