Latest sport advertising opportunities: Lions Tour and F1 Grand Prix
For sports fans across the globe, the BBC is the destination of choice for the big events, regardless of sport. For advertisers, BBC sports news coverage is an ideal opportunity to interact with an engaged and enthusiastic audience wherever they are.
British and Irish Lions Tour: 1 June - 6 July 2013
The 125th anniversary tour starts in Hong Kong on 1 June 2013 and continues with nine games including three test matches against Australia: Brisbane (22 June), Melbourne (29 June) and Sydney (6 July). bbc.com will be covering the tour with news, results, previews, live text commentary and much more.
Sponsorship opportunities: the sponsor of the bbc.com Lions coverage will take ownership of all ad formats within the site's rugby pages. Creative formats include leaderboard, MPU, half-page, wide skyscraper, pushdown, wallpaper and sponsorship button.
Formula One: 17 March - 24 November 2013
The BBC's great multi-platform Formula One content provides advertisers with the perfect opportunity to associate your brand with this exciting season of sport.
- bbc.com will be there throughout, delivering results, news and statistics across TV and online with insight from our leading sports journalists.
- Coverage of the 2012 Formula 1 season on bbc.com attracted 1.3 million unique users and received 5.2 million page views2.
Advertising and sponsorship opportunities on BBC World News include opening and closing billboards and ad adjacencies around:
- Four-minute Grand Prix Previews in the build-up to each race, with exclusive insight from 13-time Grand Prix winner David Coulthard;
- A weekly programme Behind the Scenes with Grand Prix Teams that will lift the lid on the real Formula One;
- Regular round-ups on Sport Today, including highlights from all the races;
- 50-second F1 Update results tables animated with dynamic graphics and music to highlight upcoming races and review previous race statistics;
- Technology of F1 - a series of four-minute modules exploring how technology is transforming Formula One and how it affects fans; and
- Business of F1 - the commercial aspects of one of the world's richest sports.
Advertising opportunities on bbc.com: ad adjacencies around Business of F1.
1 Omniture, 1 February to 19 March 2012 total. Global excluding UK
2 Omniture, monthly average March to July and September to November 2012.