Browse through our case studies using the filters below.
For Canon, advertising on BBC World News and bbc.com provided a perfect opportunity to bring its Take Stories campaign message to audiences across different platforms. Carefully planned TV advertising around BBC World News’ technology and travel programmes combined with the first-ever exclusive sponsorship of bbc.com’s In Pictures section to drive awareness and click-through.
- Raise awareness of Canon’s latest high-end digital cameras
- Drive traffic to the campaign’s Take Stories microsite
- Enhance brand perceptions for Canon
A carefully targeted TV advertising campaign around BBC World News’ technology and travel programmes fast:track and Click aligned Canon advertising with relevant lifestyle programming. Online, the first-ever exclusive sponsorship of bbc.com’s In Pictures section provided the perfect fit for Canon’s Take Stories message, supported by behavioural targeting, pre-roll video and banner advertising.
See examples of Canon's campaign creative.
- The campaign generated 34 million impressions and 45,500 hits on the Take Stories microsite in only eight weeks1
- Exposure to pre-roll video ads increased perceptions of Canon as “innovative and stylish” by 20%2
- The cross-media campaign delivered a 109% uplift in spontaneous Canon advertising awareness2
- Top-of-mind awareness for Canon rose 21% as a result of exposure to either TV or online ads2
- When audiences were exposed to both platforms, top of mind awareness doubled to 42%2
“The multimedia approach delivered a clear and positive uplift in brand awareness and consideration for Canon and its products.”
Sophie Bingham, International Account Manager, PHD
1 DoubleClick, December 2009 - January 2010.
2 MetrixLab cross-media campaign evaluation, January 2010