Browse through our case studies using the filters below.
Through its World Challenge sponsorship, Shell promoted its ongoing support for sustainability and grassroots innovation. Running between 2005 and 2011, Shell's sponsorship enabled its brand to communicate with a range of stakeholders across a growing number of platforms.
- Demonstrate Shell’s commitment to sustainability and innovation
- Enhance Shell’s corporate image on an ongoing basis
- Provide a long-term platform for communicating with a wide range of stakeholders
Developed by BBC World News in partnership with Newsweek, World Challenge provided an ideal sponsorship opportunity for Shell. World Challenge is an annual, global competition, celebrating individuals and companies who demonstrate enterprise and innovation at a grassroots level. Run through a central hub on bbc.com it culminated in an eight-part TV series on BBC World News, profiling the World Challenge finalists.
- Each successive year saw enhancements to editorial content and sponsorship opportunities across multiple platforms
- Since launch in 2005, World Challenge has attracted over 4,000 nominations and 400,000 votes through its dedicated microsite
“Innovation is at the heart of Shell’s business, and through our long-standing association with World Challenge, we are pleased to play our part in encouraging sustainable entrepreneurship around the world.”
Malcolm Brinded, Executive Director of Upstream International Business, Shell
See examples of Shell's campaign creative