Browse through our case studies using the filters below.
Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC wanted to enhance its identity as ‘the quintessential luxury real estate brand’ internationally. By working with bbc.com, it chose a media platform that shared its quality and prestige, and gave it a global presence.
- Reach an affluent audience of frequent travellers and multiple property owners
- Position itself globally as the leading luxury property business
- Generate leads to international brokers and affiliate offices
bbc.com was introducing new editorial content on bbc.com/travel while the Sotheby’s International Realty® brand was looking for a creative and high-quality campaign to associate itself with. The Living In… section was launched on bbc.com in January 2011, offering a glimpse of what it’s like to live in some of the most stunning locations across the globe. As exclusive sponsor, Sotheby’s International Realty® utilised a variety of ad formats across the section, supported by a banner ad campaign across bbc.com and smartphone channels with additional promotion on Facebook and Twitter.
Since the launch of the Living In… section, the campaign has exceeded expectations in terms of worldwide reach and there have been major improvements in brand perception:
- The words most associated with the Sotheby’s International Realty® brand were ‘luxury’ ‘innovative’ and ‘quality’
- 28% increase in brand familiarity compared to those who had seen the ads elsewhere
- 51% increase in positive feelings towards the brand
- bbc.com users were 38% more likely to consider buying from and 24% more likely to recommend the Sotheby’s International Realty® brand than those who saw the ads elsewhere
“We chose to work with the BBC, an iconic brand, because of its reputation as a trusted, premium platform with impressive creative capabilities. Our campaign has helped us reach our clientele, providing us valuable international exposure.”
Wendy S Purvey, Chief Marketing Officer, Sotheby's International Realty Affiliates LLC
1 BBC AdScore, 23-30 May 2011