Browse through our case studies using the filters below.
Innovative, integrated thinking helped the It’s Possible South African Tourism campaign to take BBC World News and bbc.com audiences on an inspiring journey – and maximise awareness and consideration amongst adventurous travellers.
- Maximise opportunities created by South Africa hosting the 2010 FIFA World Cup
- Increase awareness of South Africa as a travel destination
- Drive consideration amongst adventurous travellers
BBC Advertising worked with South African Tourism to create a series of 60 and 90-second commercial films, shot on location across the country, which showcased the depth of the South African travel experience. Reach amongst affluent, frequent flyers was delivered through BBC World News (including sponsorship of Sport Today’s World Cup coverage) and It’s Possible South African Tourism advertising on bbc.com. Additional support for the campaign came through print advertising in Lonely Planet magazine and a dedicated microsite, which housed the films and provided extended content and competitions.
Take a look at the campaign creative: My South Africa TVC | Tai Chi TVC | Pre-roll
- Users from over 200 countries and territories visited the South African Tourism microsite1
- The bbc.com campaign delivered 26.5 million ad impressions1
- The It’s Possible South African Tourism advertising campaign delivered a 48% uplift in recall amongst those exposed to the ads on BBC platforms2
“Striking visuals and quality production throughout have ensured the campaign has not only created a big impact with the audience, but has also taken them on a unique personal journey across South Africa.”
Roshene Singh, Chief Marketing Officer, South African Tourism
1 DoubleClick, July 2008 - March 2011.
2 BBC Ad Tracker, April 2008 and BBC AdScore, August 2010.