bbc.com: reach and audience
Source: Omniture Discover, Q1 2013 monthly average (Jan - Mar)
- bbc.com reaches 2 million unique users in Africa, generating 23 million page views every month1.
- bbc.com Mobile reaches 7.6 million unique users every month (39% of total traffic)1.
- 54% of all bbc.com Mobile’s sport traffic comes from Africa2.
- 156,000 BBC News Apps have been downloaded by African users since launch3.
- Average age: 43
- Male/female: 85% / 15%4
- Influential: 13% more likely to be a Business Decision-Maker than average4
- Engaged: On average, each visitor spends 10 minutes 11 seconds on bbc.com1
- Information hungry: 90% value exploration and discovery4
- Frequent travellers: 113% more likely than average to have taken 11+ trips abroad in the past year4
- Luxury spenders: Over 67% have bought at least one luxury item in the past year, and 94% are happy to pay extra for quality4
- Early adopters: 25% strongly agree they are always the first to have technologically innovative products. 43% own an iPod/MP3 player, 61% own a smartphone4
- Love sports: 71% regularly take part in sports4
1 Omniture Discover, Q1 2013 monthly average (Jan - Mar); due to sampling rate figures are accurate to approximately 95% accuracy.
2 Omniture Discover, June 2012 - May 2013, monthly average
3 iTunes, accessed through appfigures.com, 5th April 2013
4 EMS Africa 2012; Target is bbc.com audience (227,00/193)